Friday, June 27, 2014

There is something metaphorically to the dead squirrel with his glassy, still frightened black eye

Versindaba Blog Archive Hilda Smits. About dead squirrels & peas
It gets colder in Nashville. On the one hand I feel like Robert Frost and his frosty of saying, "You can not get too much winter in the winter" & on the other side a bit like Tom Waits, "I'm the last leaf on the action. The autumn took the rest but ze will not take me. I'm the last leaf on the act. I'm the last leaf on the act. I'm the last leaf on the tree ".
There is something metaphorically to the dead squirrel with his glassy, still frightened black eyes that I almost plowed last week during a jogging session & weather what is deep in my marrow home building. Something pleasant & known as my mother's pancakes mantong on rainy days, or the elderly postman with his skilled hands that know what my address is. Something unpleasant & unknown like a dead squirrel with glassy eyes.
Autumn (think Halloween pumpkins & leaves to rivers roar under foot & sweaters to the muscles of their soft mouths in a strange land stretching) feels like a stage. According to the dictionary, a "development stage". A Stage. I prefer phase as "the shining mantong image of the moon." Maybe a change of form, somewhat like the moon, this time of year so even the crows silver mantong taps deep within their throats protest. Maybe shrink a man during the winter mantong to a pea, scarf and all. Suddenly you ear to the ground so you better listen mantong to molballades, and ants and all sorts of unusual things can take a closer look. I feel like a pea to a huge scarf knitting and talking with ants. And I miss my dad this time of year. He was a man of few words & a man of yellow trees, & for Light.
I went through the lighted streets of New York walked the Gramercy Park Hotel on to Lexington, & at that hour, alone, I was deaf to the traffic, voices, the hubbub mantong of a newspaper to high above the lights swept through A Spring wind. The streets are wet and shiny. No sounds. One night
city.
Interesting background of Levis that I read and see on the internet! "Larry Levis was born in Fresno, California, on September 30, 1946. The sun or a grape grower, he grew up driving a tractor, picking grapes, and pruning vines of Selma, mantong California, a small fruit-growing town in the San Joaquin Valley. mantong He later wrote of the farm, the vineyards, and the Mexican migrant workers have worked alongside therein. He'll be remembered hanging out in the local billiards mantong parlor on Selma's mantong East Front Street, across from the Southern Pacific Railroad tracks. mantong "
Thanks, Marlise! Here is more background on Levis: http://www.blackbird.vcu.edu/v3n2/nonfiction/byrne_e/recover.htm & another of his poems http://steveschroeder.info/my-13-favorite-larry-levis -poems /
Also this beautiful, "When I was twelve, I Used to stare at Weeds Along the road, at the way ze Kept trembling long after a car had passed; Or at gnats hovering in families mantong with Some rotting peaches, & wondered why it was I had born a human leg. Why not a weed, or a gnat? " mantong
Editorial
Recent contributions to Versindaba mantong Lykdig 15: Opium and morphine Lykdig mantong 14: Lykdig Lykdig 13: Douglas Joan Hambidge. Image Art's page Seamus Heaney - translation into Afrikaans Joan Hambidge. Behind the view (Charl JF Cilliers) Joan Hambidge. Trompe-l'oeil Lykdig 12 Klipoog mantong Competition: The Lykdig Lykdig 15: Opium and morphine Lykdig 14: Lykdig Lykdig 13: Douglas Lykdig 12 Klipoog Lykdig 11: In South Africa is your house not dead Competition: The lykdig Lykdig 10: Letter to Boerneef Latest Comments
Annali Dempsey Natural Man gets emotional about thoughtless actions ... Desmond Painter: In the latest PEN Afrikaans newsletter writing Kerneels Desmond Painter ... I would also like to add: the radically teruggesnoeide AT. Two ... Marianne de Jong: I support Joan and others' activism and share them ... Marie Bredenkamp: I agree wholeheartedly with so the language we now have ... Fanie Marais, I am not trained to contribute to talk to ... Luwes comedians: It's pretty bad timing with the debacle over SABC's ... Leon Retief: Mammon spake: you must satisfy your shareholders and ... Desmond Painter, Mary, fortunately Africans mantong bitter lot of money, so I'm ... Maria Snyman: Desmond, I have also a moment of that ... Joan Hambidge Let us make noise about this faceless process. It may not ... Desmond Painter: mantong NS. If, for example, now a quarterly FM ... Desmond Painter: Breyten, I absolutely agree with (1) a man now ... Charl-Pierre Naude: mantong Johann, as you read, your page - and your public Barking Out ... Breytenbach: You're right, Desmond. There is not much ... colophon
Relevant comments are welcomed. Any obscene or abusive comments & contributions will be removed without notice. Commentators

No comments:

Post a Comment