Sunday, December 22, 2013

Site Albertio michael koenen send link to gives an error message, so I reported michael koenen this


NRKbeta get many inquiries. Albert Ward, or Albertio Ward as he first called as he approached, is still one of the stranger creatures who wanted something from us. Let's start with his name and the stilted writing style - in my mind he looked like a mix of Albert Schweitzer Albert Schweitzer, Deutsches Bundesarchiv, Wikimedia Commons
... And a good-natured exiled Hungarian translator as children we called Stamp man, since he (without ulterior motives, it must be stressed) awarded the stamps for boys (and scraps for girls) he met in Ullevål Haveby: michael koenen Stamp Man, photo Agnar Kaarbø, courtesy
And it was thus that desire of his, to translate an article I had written - which was neither particularly scientific or beyond the usual interesting - for a Bulgarian research project. Listen for yourself:
I've known you website for ages, strictly speaking from year 2007. I found interesting your publication michael koenen "GIRLS ONLY: What engages girl-nerds?" Wooden I googled on http://nrkbeta.no/2010/07/01/girls-only-hva-engasjerer-jente-nerds/! I'd love to use it in a project I'm Involved with called "Bulgarian FCW Science", so I'm seeking your permission for translation two Bulgarian language. "Bulgarian FCW Science" is a freemium-model non-English language orientated startup with collection of scientific articles, personal notes etc. in several languages michael koenen that is collaboratively edited by volunteers from around the world since 1999. Young and old, students and professors - even your neighbor could be a volunteer member.
If you agree, we will credit you for your work in the Resulting translation's references by stating that it was based on your work and is used with your permission, and by mentioning the name of my project "Bulgarian michael koenen FCW Science" back to:
But we believe in sharing, you would prefer to be nice - and it was perhaps a 0.001% chance that the inquiry was real. Besides: Completely independent of that it seemed like there was something fishy, I was curious about how this could carry, so I gave an answer that could take us further, but without committing ourselves more than necessary:
Was a pleasure to translate this publication (http://nrkbeta.no/2010/07/01/girls-only-hva-engasjerer-jente-nerds/)! It's related to my professional interests, so I thought - why not, if the author allows a two do so.
editor. NRKbeta normally have links to what we're talking about. michael koenen In this article it is not linked to some of the sites we write about, just to avoid them to get search engine michael koenen juice. If you look closely at the addresses we write about, you need to remove the spaces in web addresses. Sorry this.
Site Albertio michael koenen send link to gives an error message, so I reported michael koenen this back. The only thing I can find on the site he links to is articles on strange language, a la this: Sample articles from fatcow. com / edu
It takes a few weeks before Albert comes back to me with an explanation, but four days before his going so far as to answer my question, he leeks me up: Can I be kind enough to add a tiny link to the translation on my website ?
Greetings, michael koenen Can I ask you for a favor? Please place a tiny link back to the translation (http://www. Fatcow. .com / Edu / girls-only-bg /) does not matters where on the page http://nrkbeta.no/2010/07/01 / girls-only-what-engage-girl-nerds /. Not being comfortable two announce it otherwise, I ask you for linking back to the two translation spread the good news around the globe. If not completely Contrary to your principles and linking habits,
I google Albertio Ward, and it turns out that several michael koenen have posted links to his translations. I do not know if it's because they have been flattered by the request, that they have felt that they owed him something because they think the translation can be used to make any sense, or whatever it may be.
The links they have at least given him, Amanda michael koenen Lynn, Diana Tumaneshvili and a number of other "volunteer translators" who write similar michael koenen inquiries - and not just on narrow European languages it is difficult to double check, but even to Haitian michael koenen Creole. The list of presumably intelligent people who help with links are long and uncomfortable reading.
Hi Albert Of course I can I'm thinking about doing an article michael koenen on your translation services, can you tell me a bit more about it? The translation called The translation is gradually emerged as running an A / B comparison michael koenen with Google Translate. They are very similar. But they are not identical. michael koenen It is striking that the sentence structure of the machine-translated text and Alberts alleged crafts translation michael koenen is enough flavor. Quite unlike what one would expect to get out of a Google Translate between two minor European languages from quite a different language groups. But I'm very bad in Cyrillic lette

No comments:

Post a Comment