Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mr. Sherlock Holmes, who was usually very late (except many cases, when you never went to bed), sit


[* This story owes a lot to my friend Mr. Fletcher Robinson, who helped in the development of the general plan and specification of the number of local features. - A. KD]
Mr. Sherlock Holmes, who was usually very late (except many cases, when you never went to bed), sitting at the breakfast table. I lifted the carpet in front of the fireplace cane forgotten last night by a visitor. It was wonderful walking stick of solid wood with a ball on top of those who shout "pinangski legislator" *. Just below the ball was visible to two centimeters wide silver plate engraved with "To James Mortimer - CHKSH from his friends Bulgaira's Red Book" ufpc smallwares and the date - 1884. Such stick solid and redoubtable, wore old much-home doctors.
[* Walking Stick made from a special kind of tree palm, often used to "resolve" the dispute in Pinang (Malaya), hence its name. - Express wish]
- No, but right in front of me has well polished ufpc smallwares silver plated coffee ufpc smallwares pot. So tell me, please, what do you think about our visitor's cane? Since we had the misfortune to slip it and had no idea why he came, this accidental souvenir becomes especially important to us. Now let's hear what you do portrait of man, proceeding from his cane.
- I - I said, trying to follow the methods of my friend - that Dr. Mortimer is a successful adult medic, quite respectable, as those who know him, honored him with such courtesy.
- Because this stick, which was once very beautiful, now he's all scarred and I can not imagine that it brings local doctor. Obviously holder has come a long way with it because the fat tip is quite worn out.
- And here we have "... of his friends from Bulgaira's Red Book." I guess AB means "club". This must be the local hunting club whose members are provided medical care, and in return they handed him a small gift.
- Watson, you excel yourself! - Said Holmes, and pushed back his chair and lit a cigarette. - I can not say that I've always exhibited kindness to highlight my successes, usually underestimate their own abilities. Itself may not emit light, however, its conductor. Some people have no talent, have a remarkable ability to inspire talent in others. ufpc smallwares I must admit, my dear friend, that I did appreciate it.
Never said such a thing and, to be honest, his words delivered me great pleasure, because I have often felt affected by his indifference to my admiration for him and to my efforts to disclose ufpc smallwares his methods work. I felt proud to think that I am mastered his system, so I can apply it in a way that evokes its approval. He took the stick from my hands and examine it in a few minutes with the naked eye. Then look left intrigued with his cigarette, went to the window and look back stick, this time with a magnifying glass.
- A simple thing, but still interesting - he said, sitting back in his favorite corner ufpc smallwares of the couch. - On the stick does have a couple of guidelines. They provide the basis for some inferences.
- I am afraid, my dear Watson, ufpc smallwares that most of your conclusions are wrong. When I mentioned that inspire me, I mean, let's be honest, that often get to the truth, noticing your mistakes. Not that the case is entirely kidding: this guy really is a country doctor and pretty walk walk.
- No, no, my dear Watson, not all. Not at all. In my example, it is more likely a doctor to receive such a gift from a hospital than from a hunting club, and when at this hospital stay initials RC, the name "Charing Cross" is imposed by itself.
- Most likely. And if you accept it as a working hypothesis, we already have a strong foundation to build the personality of our unknown visitor.
&

No comments:

Post a Comment